Become a Sponsoring Member by completing our online form.
Sponsoring Members may include:
- Guaranty agencies
- State education departments
- College assistance agencies
When Mapping Your Future was created in 1996, state and regional guaranty agencies (administering state and federal financial aid) recognized the need to collaborate to deliver uniform services across the country, rather than each organization spending money to develop unique services. They recognized that by working together, they could meet the needs of students and families looking for information and guidance on college, career, financial aid, and financial literacy planning and help colleges and universities provide innovative online services to students. This still is true today.
Guaranty agencies are the primary source of support for Mapping Your Future. By providing this support, they are able to assist the schools (elementary to postsecondary) and students in their state or region with Mapping Your Future's college, career, financial aid, and financial literacy information and services.
Benefits for Sponsoring Members
Through Mapping Your Future, sponsoring guaranty agencies provide many services to the schools, students, and families in their area and reap many benefits for their own agency and staff. The benefits experienced by sponsors include the following:
- Leadership of the organization
- Access to services, such as Online Counseling, financial literacy, and other tools that can be integrated in your site at a fraction of the cost to develop it on your own
- Access to ExitExpress which allows your agency to retrieve exit records on behalf of your schools as required by federal regulations
- A national presence through this cooperative effort
- Access to online materials and articles for use in agency publications or presentations
- Online chat events targeted to agency-specific areas of the country
- Enhanced delivery of services to schools and students in their area
- Economies of scale by leveraging of Internet development investment for individual sponsors
- Technological expertise of other sponsors, available for solutions to common problems and agency-specific needs
- Education and experience in emerging technologies through the development of "proof of concept" web features
- Professional development opportunities
- Prominent display of your name on the Sponsors page of the Mapping Your Future website
- Link to your website from the Sponsors page
- A Mapping Your Future logo for display on your website
- A sign for display on your booth for conferences
- An opportunity to join in Mapping Your Future teams and projects
- Participation in possible electronic data projects
- Exposure to millions of visitors - students, parents, and financial aid professionals - who come to Mapping Your Future for information and services
- Knowledge that your business or organization is helping support an award-winning public service website providing college financial aid and student loan information and services to students, families, and schools
In addition to the listing and information on the website, there are other visibility, marketing and goodwill benefits:
- Promotion of Sponsors at national and regional conferences and presentations and during online presentations of Mapping Your Future (to schools and others). This is done through listings on posters displayed at conferences, mentions during presentations and on handouts.
- Marketing of Mapping Your Future free services -- you can market to schools that services such as Online Counseling are being provided in part because of your support of Mapping Your Future. The cost of sponsorship is much lower that what it would cost to develop these services, of course.
Become a sponsoring member by completing our online form.