Five tips to help pay the cost of college
By Beth Ziehmer
June 29, 2017
According to the U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics, the average cost of attendance at a four-year public institution in the 2015-16 year was $22,258.
There is no doubt that college costs have increased, but here are five tips to help students and their families keep down the cost:
- Save as much as possible before starting college and while attending college.
- Explore career options based on your skills and interest.
- Select a school you can reasonably afford and matches the identified career interests.
- Research all possible sources to pay for college and exhaust free sources first.
- Develop and exercise good money management skills.
Visit mappingyourfuture.org for more information about exploring careers, preparing for college, paying for college, and managing your money.