Federal Nursing Loan Program Exit Counseling
UAMS in Little Rock, AR
Student Financial Services
Welcome to the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) on-line exit counseling for the Federal Nursing Student Loan. The Department of Education and UAMS require that you complete exit counseling when graduating/leaving UAMS.
Your rights and obligations are included in this exit session and should be read thoroughly as they will inform you about the details of your loan (including grace periods, repayment, deferments, cancellations, etc.). Per federal regulations, you will also be required to provide personal/confidential information. If the information you provide should change (address, phone number, name, etc), you should contact our office immediately.
UAMS is the guarantor/lender for the Federal Nursing Student Loan. You will receive your monthly statements from our billing servicer, Educational Computer Systems, Inc. (ECSI). To view your account, set up a monthly draft, make payments, or download forms (postponement/cancellation, deferment, etc.) visit their website at www.ecsi.net. If you have any questions regarding your loan or the exit counseling session, please contact Student Financial Services, Disbursement/Billing Division at:
Student Financial Services, Slot 758
4301 West Markham
Little Rock, AR 72205
COPH RM 1232A
Once you have completed your exit counseling and our office has confirmed your tuition account has been paid in full, we will notify your Registrar that you have cleared our office.
Please print this page for your records.
Student Financial Services
Read below for instructions on completing your exit counseling:
The information above is wholly the product of the school or organization represented herein.
Mapping Your Future, and its individual sponsoring members, do not guarantee
or warrant the correctness, completeness, accuracy, or any other characteristic
of this content and shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or cause of
action arising out of the content.
Nursing Loan Exit Session Instructions
Before You Start
- Ensure you meet the browser and system requirements:
- You must use at least Internet Explorer 7.0 or the newest version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Get a browser now.
- You can use any Internet service provider (ISP) to connect to the Internet; however, you should access this counseling session using one of the browsers above after you've connected. Do NOT use the ISP's browser, such as AOL or MSN--you won't be able to complete the student form at the end of the session!
- If you encounter that the question numbers are not displaying correctly when you answer a question incorrectly, ensure that Java is enabled on your browser and try another browser (such as Firefox or Chrome), if the issue persists.
- PARENTS: Please don't complete the counseling session on behalf of your son or daughter, as this federal requirement helps the student understand the rights and responsibilities of borrowing a student loan.
- You will need about 25 minutes to complete this counseling session.
- You will need the following information:
- Your Social Security number
- Your driver's license number
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your parent, if applicable
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your spouse, if applicable
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and employers for two references residing at different addresses
- Name, address, and telephone number for your expected employer (if known)
- You might need the name, address, telephone number, and employer for your next of kin
- NOTE: Providing names and information for your spouse, parent, next of kin, and references does not obligate them to assist with repayment of your loan. Regulations require you provide this data so your loan holder can locate you, if, in the future, they have an invalid address or phone number.
The student loan calculator in this session will help you calculate your estimated monthly payment. If you aren't sure how much you've borrowed, you can ask your school for your actual indebtedness or the average student loan indebtedness of borrowers at the school or in your program of study at the school.
What to Do
- Read the content and answer the questions.
- Fill out the student information form. Use the comment box for any comments or questions you have for your school.
- Print the confirmation page that appears after you fill out the student information form or note your confirmation number for your records.
NOTE: Generally, the Back and Forward buttons on your browser will not work once you begin the counseling session. Use the buttons within the counseling to navigate.