Mapping Your Future: Online Counseling
TEACH Grant Exit Counseling
Walsh University in North Canton, OH
The information above is wholly the product of the school or organization represented herein.
Mapping Your Future, and its individual sponsoring members, do not guarantee
or warrant the correctness, completeness, accuracy, or any other characteristic
of this content and shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or cause of
action arising out of the content.
TEACH Grant exit counseling session instructions
Before You Start
Ensure you meet the browser and system requirements:
PARENTS: Please don't complete the counseling session on behalf of your son or daughter, as this federal requirement helps the student understand his or her terms, conditions, rights, and responsibilities under the TEACH Grant program.
- You must use at least Internet Explorer 7.0 or the newest version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Get a browser now.
- You can use any Internet service provider (ISP) to connect to the Internet; however, you should access this counseling session using one of the browsers above after you've connected. Do NOT use the ISP's browser, such as AOL or MSN--you won't be able to complete the student form at the end of the session!
- If you encounter that the question numbers are not displaying correctly when you answer a question incorrectly, ensure that Java is enabled on your browser and try another browser (such as Firefox or Chrome), if the issue persists.
You will need about 30 minutes to complete this counseling session.
You will need the following information:
- Your Social Security number
- Your driver's license number
You might need the following information:
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your spouse, if applicable
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and employers for your next of kin and/or parent
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and employers for two references residing at different addresses
- NOTE: Providing names and information for your spouse, parent, next of kin, and references does not obligate them to assist with repayment of a TEACH Grant that is converted to a loan. Regulations require you provide this data so the loan holder can locate you, if, in the future, they have an invalid address or phone number.
What to Do
- Read the content and answer the questions.
- Fill out the student information form. Use the comment box for any comments or questions you have for your school.
- Print the confirmation page that appears after you fill out the student information form or note your confirmation number for your records.
NOTE: Generally, the Back and Forward buttons on your browser will not work once you begin the counseling session. Use the buttons within the counseling to navigate.