Perkins Entrance Counseling
Fayetteville State University in Fayetteville, NC
FEDERAL PERKINS LOAN OFFICE
Welcome to Online Entrance Counseling for Fayetteville State University's Federal Perkins Loan Program!! All First time borrowers are required to complete entrance counseling before Federal Perkins Loan funds are disbursed. To complete your entrance counseling, follow the instructions below. Remember to list Fayetteville State University in the school section at the end of the test when you submit your information.
If you have any questions, please call Fayetteville State University's Federal Perkins Loan Program at (910) 672-1158 locally or (888) 852-2238 toll free or enter questions in the space provided at the end of the entrance counseling session.
Federal Perkins Loans
The information above is wholly the product of the school or organization represented herein.
Mapping Your Future, and its individual sponsoring members, do not guarantee
or warrant the correctness, completeness, accuracy, or any other characteristic
of this content and shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or cause of
action arising out of the content.
Perkins Entrance Counseling Session Instructions
Before You Start
- Ensure you meet the browser and system requirements:
- You must use at least Internet Explorer 7.0 or the newest version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Get a browser now.
- You can use any Internet service provider (ISP) to connect to the Internet; however, you should access this counseling session using one of the browsers above after you've connected. Do NOT use the ISP's browser, such as AOL or MSN--you won't be able to complete the student form at the end of the session!
- If you encounter that the question numbers are not displaying correctly when you answer a question incorrectly, ensure that Java is enabled on your browser and try another browser (such as Firefox or Chrome), if the issue persists.
- PARENTS: Please don't complete the counseling session on behalf of your son or daughter, as this federal requirement helps the student understand the rights and responsibilities of borrowing a student loan.
- You will need about 25 minutes to complete this counseling session.
- You will need the following information:
- Your Social Security number
- Your driver's license number
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your parent, if applicable
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your spouse, if applicable
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and employers for two references residing at different addresses
- You might need the name, address, telephone number, and employer for your next of kin.
- NOTE: Providing names and information for your spouse, parent, next of kin, and references does not obligate them to assist with repayment of your loan. Regulations require you provide this data so your loan holder can locate you, if, in the future, they have an invalid address or phone number.
The student loan calculator in this session will help you calculate your estimated monthly payment. If you aren't sure how much you'll borrow, you can ask your school for the average student loan indebtedness of borrowers at the school or in your program of study at the school.
What to Do
- Read the content and answer the questions.
- Fill out the student information form. Use the comment box for any comments or questions you have for your school.
- Print the confirmation page that appears after you fill out the student information form or note your confirmation number for your records.
NOTE: Generally, the Back and Forward buttons on your browser will not work once you begin the counseling session. Use the buttons within the counseling to navigate.