Direct Loan Exit Counseling
Missouri Valley College in Marshall, MO
Welcome to Missouri Valley College's online Exit Loan Counseling. Federal regulations require that all students with Stafford Loan debt who leave school for any reason (graduate, withdraw, etc.) or drop below half-time attendance must complete the exit counseling process. When you have completed the process you will receive a confirmation page. This confirmation will be sent to our office electronically.
The average total Stafford Loan debt for a Missouri Valley College graduate is $16,529. Please note this number and enter it into the repayment calculator that will be provided. Since this figure only represents the average student's loan debt you may view your loan history using your federal PIN on the National Student Loan Data System (http://www.nslds.ed.gov/
) and enter your loan debt into the repayment calculator. This website will outline all loan disbursements you have received while attending Missouri Valley College as well as loan debt from any other institution that you may have attended.
If you have any questions regarding this process or your student loans, please contact us at:
Missouri Valley College
Financial Aid Office
Phone (660) 831-4171 · Fax (660) 831-4003
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm
Good luck in your future endeavors!!
The information above is wholly the product of the school or organization represented herein.
Mapping Your Future, and its individual sponsoring members, do not guarantee
or warrant the correctness, completeness, accuracy, or any other characteristic
of this content and shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or cause of
action arising out of the content.
Direct Loan Exit Counseling Session Instructions
Before You Start
- Ensure you meet the browser and system requirements:
- You must use at least Internet Explorer 7.0 or the newest version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Get a browser now.
- You can use any Internet service provider (ISP) to connect to the Internet; however, you should access this counseling session using one of the browsers above after you've connected. Do NOT use the ISP's browser, such as AOL or MSN--you won't be able to complete the student form at the end of the session!
- If you encounter that the question numbers are not displaying correctly when you answer a question incorrectly, ensure that Java is enabled on your browser and try another browser (such as Firefox or Chrome), if the issue persists.
- PARENTS: Please don't complete the counseling session on behalf of your son or daughter, as this federal requirement helps the student understand the rights and responsibilities of borrowing a student loan.
- You will need about 25 minutes to complete this counseling session.
- You will need the following information:
- Your Social Security number
- Your driver's license number
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your next of kin
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and employers for two references residing at different addresses
- You might need the following information:
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your parent, if applicable
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your spouse, if applicable
- NOTE: Providing names and information for your spouse, parent, next of kin, and references does not obligate them to assist with repayment of your loan. Regulations require you provide this data so your loan holder can locate you, if, in the future, they have an invalid address or phone number.
- The student loan calculator in this session will help you calculate your estimated monthly payment. If you aren't sure how much you'll borrow, you can ask your school for the average student loan indebtedness of borrowers at the school or in your program of study at the school.
What to Do
- Read the content and answer the questions.
- Fill out the student information form. Use the comment box for any comments or questions you have for your school.
- Print the confirmation page that appears after you fill out the student information form or note your confirmation number for your records.
NOTE: Generally, the Back and Forward buttons on your browser will not work once you begin the counseling session. Use the buttons within the counseling to navigate.