Direct Loan Exit Counseling
St. Gregory's University in Shawnee, OK
The St. Gregory's University provides exit loan information to Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP) borrowers who have graduated or will graduate, discontinued enrollment, or enrolled less than half-time. Please complete this Stafford exit counseling session to help you understand your loan rights and responsibilities. This is a Federal requirement.
In order to fully complete the exit interview, you are advised to have the following information available:
• Your Social Security Number.
• Your Driver's License Number.
• Name, Address, Telephone Number of Next of Kin.
• Name, Address, Telephone Number of two references whom the lender could contact if
they should lose contact with you.
• Name, Address, Telephone Number of your Expected Employee.
• Name of Guaranty Agency who guaranteed your student loans.
• Name of your Lender.
If you need to withdraw from all classes before the close of a semester or summer session, you must report to the Registrar’s office for a "withdrawal" form and complete the required steps including obtaining all required signatures and taking the form to the Registrar’s office for completion.
Based on the information you have provided, you will be given a budget with estimated payment options for standard and graduated loan repayment. Once again click the Finish button at the bottom of the budget page and you will have completed the Exit Counseling session.
Our office will receive electronic notification that you have successfully completed Exit Loan Counseling and will notate your financial aid record accordingly. If you have questions regarding Exit Loan Counseling, your rights and responsibilities as a student loan borrower or loan terms and conditions, contact our office at 405.878.5412.
If you are enrolled in College for Working Adults, please call 405. 878.5214
In addition to the information above and presented in the counseling session, we also suggest:
• Take your loan obligations very seriously
• Keep complete records and ask questions
• Keep a copy of all correspondence and payments made (such as cancelled checks)
until your loan is paid in full
• Keep a phone log: date, time, names, content of conversation
• Do not ignore your mail or phone messages
• Create a personal monthly budget
The information above is wholly the product of the school or organization represented herein.
Mapping Your Future, and its individual sponsoring members, do not guarantee
or warrant the correctness, completeness, accuracy, or any other characteristic
of this content and shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or cause of
action arising out of the content.
Direct Loan Exit Counseling Session Instructions
Before You Start
- Ensure you meet the browser and system requirements:
- You must use at least Internet Explorer 7.0 or the newest version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Get a browser now.
- You can use any Internet service provider (ISP) to connect to the Internet; however, you should access this counseling session using one of the browsers above after you've connected. Do NOT use the ISP's browser, such as AOL or MSN--you won't be able to complete the student form at the end of the session!
- If you encounter that the question numbers are not displaying correctly when you answer a question incorrectly, ensure that Java is enabled on your browser and try another browser (such as Firefox or Chrome), if the issue persists.
- PARENTS: Please don't complete the counseling session on behalf of your son or daughter, as this federal requirement helps the student understand the rights and responsibilities of borrowing a student loan.
- You will need about 25 minutes to complete this counseling session.
- You will need the following information:
- Your Social Security number
- Your driver's license number
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your next of kin
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and employers for two references residing at different addresses
- You might need the following information:
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your parent, if applicable
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your spouse, if applicable
- NOTE: Providing names and information for your spouse, parent, next of kin, and references does not obligate them to assist with repayment of your loan. Regulations require you provide this data so your loan holder can locate you, if, in the future, they have an invalid address or phone number.
- The student loan calculator in this session will help you calculate your estimated monthly payment. If you aren't sure how much you'll borrow, you can ask your school for the average student loan indebtedness of borrowers at the school or in your program of study at the school.
What to Do
- Read the content and answer the questions.
- Fill out the student information form. Use the comment box for any comments or questions you have for your school.
- Print the confirmation page that appears after you fill out the student information form or note your confirmation number for your records.
NOTE: Generally, the Back and Forward buttons on your browser will not work once you begin the counseling session. Use the buttons within the counseling to navigate.