Locate your student loans
It is vitally important to keep track of your student loans!
Student loans can be hard to keep track of at times.
- Many student loan borrowers find themselves with accounts serviced at multiple locations, owned by multiple lenders or even guaranteed by several guarantors.
- Also, it's very common for loans to be transferred from one servicer or lender to another.
Not sure who holds (or collects) your federal student loans? The information below may help!
National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS): www.nslds.ed.gov
- The U.S. Department of Education's central database for financial aid
- Contains financial aid history related to federal student loans and Pell Grants.
- Access requirements:
- Social Security number
- First two letters of your last name
- Date of birth
- You were assigned a PIN if you completed the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on the Web.
- If you have forgotten your PIN or never received one, visit the PIN Registration Site.