Plan, direct, or coordinate the training and development activities and staff of an organization.
- Develop testing and evaluation procedures.
- Conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new hires.
- Evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct or arrange for ongoing technical training and personal development classes for staff members.
- Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes, changes, and other factors.
- Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Review and evaluate training and apprenticeship programs for compliance with government standards.
- Train instructors and supervisors in techniques and skills for training and dealing with employees.
- Coordinate established courses with technical and professional courses provided by community schools and designate training procedures.
- Prepare training budget for department or organization.
- Instructional Coordinators
- Management Analysts
- Training and Development Specialists