Assist lawyers or judges by researching or preparing legal documents. May meet with clients or assist lawyers and judges in court.
- Search for and study legal documents to investigate facts and law of cases, to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
- Prepare affidavits of documents and maintain document files and case correspondence.
- Research and analyze law sources to prepare drafts of briefs or arguments for review, approval, and use by attorney.
- Review and file pleadings, petitions and other documents relevant to court actions.
- Prepare real estate closing statements and assist in closing process.
- Deliver or direct delivery of subpoenas to witnesses and parties to action.
- Serve copies of pleas to opposing counsel.
- Arrange transportation and accommodation for witnesses and jurors, if required.
- Communicate and arbitrate disputes between parties.
- Appraise and inventory real and personal property for estate planning.
- Store, catalog, and maintain currency of legal volumes.
- Court Clerks
- Legal Secretaries
- Licensing Examiners and Inspectors
- Municipal Clerks
- Paralegals and Legal Assistants
- Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products
- Title Examiners, Abstractors, and Searchers