Prepare and cook to order a variety of foods that require only a short preparation time. May take orders from customers and serve patrons at counters or tables.
- Clean food preparation equipment, work areas, and counters or tables.
- Plan work on orders so that items served together are finished at the same time.
- Grill, cook, and fry foods such as french fries, eggs, and pancakes.
- Take orders from customers and cook foods requiring short preparation times, according to customer requirements.
- Grill and garnish hamburgers or other meats such as steaks and chops.
- Complete orders from steam tables, placing food on plates and serving customers at tables or counters.
- Perform simple food preparation tasks such as making sandwiches, carving meats, and brewing coffee.
- Order supplies and stock them on shelves.
- Accept payments, and make change or write charge slips as necessary.
- Realistic - Realistic occupations frequently involve work activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions. They often deal with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery. Many of the occupations require working outside, and do not involve a lot of paperwork or working closely with others.
- Conventional - Conventional occupations frequently involve following set procedures and routines. These occupations can include working with data and details more than with ideas. Usually there is a clear line of authority to follow.
- Education - Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Training - Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few days to a few months of training. Usually, an experienced worker could show you how to do the job.
- Experience - Little or no previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupations. For example, a person can become a waiter or waitress even if he/she has never worked before.
- Butchers and Meat Cutters
- Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Cooks, Fast Food
- Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop
- Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers
- Food Servers, Nonrestaurant
- Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
- Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers