Escort individuals or groups on sightseeing tours or through places of interest, such as industrial establishments, public buildings, and art galleries.
- Conduct educational activities for school children.
- Escort individuals or groups on cruises, sightseeing tours, or through places of interest such as industrial establishments, public buildings, and art galleries.
- Describe tour points of interest to group members, and respond to questions.
- Monitor visitors' activities to ensure compliance with establishment or tour regulations and safety practices.
- Greet and register visitors, and issue any required identification badges or safety devices.
- Distribute brochures, show audiovisual presentations, and explain establishment processes and operations at tour sites.
- Provide directions and other pertinent information to visitors.
- Provide for physical safety of groups, performing such activities as providing first aid and directing emergency evacuations.
- Research environmental conditions and clients' skill and ability levels in order to plan expeditions, instruction, and commentary that are appropriate.
- Provide information about wildlife varieties and habitats, as well as any relevant regulations, such as those pertaining to hunting and fishing.
- Collect fees and tickets from group members.
- Teach skills, such as proper climbing methods, and demonstrate and advise on the use of equipment.
- Select travel routes and sites to be visited based on knowledge of specific areas.
- Solicit tour patronage and sell souvenirs.
- Speak foreign languages to communicate with foreign visitors.
- Assemble and check the required supplies and equipment prior to departure.
- Drive motor vehicles to transport visitors to establishments and tour site locations.
- Perform clerical duties such as filing, typing, operating switchboards, and routing mail and messages.
- Counter and Rental Clerks
- Flight Attendants
- Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendants
- Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agents and Travel Clerks
- Transportation Attendants, Except Flight Attendants and Baggage Porters