Provide services to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers aboard ships, buses, trains, or within the station or terminal. Perform duties, such as greeting passengers, explaining the use of safety equipment, serving meals or beverages, or answering questions related to travel.
- Inspect kitchens and dining areas to ensure adherence to sanitation requirements.
- Serve food and beverages.
- Open and close doors for passengers.
- Perform equipment safety checks prior to departure.
- Transport baggage or coordinate transportation between assigned rooms, terminals, and/or platforms.
- Collect fares from passengers and provide change in return.
- Count and verify tickets and seat reservations, and record numbers of passengers boarding and disembarking.
- Determine and/or facilitate seating arrangements.
- Explain and demonstrate safety procedures and safety equipment use.
- Greet passengers boarding transportation equipment, and announce routes and stops.
- Issue and collect passenger boarding passes and transfers, tearing or punching tickets as necessary to prevent reuse.
- Provide boarding assistance to elderly, sick, or injured people.
- Provide customers with information on routes, gates, prices, timetables, and/or terminals and concourses.
- Respond to passengers' questions, requests, or complaints.
- Signal transportation operators to stop or to proceed.
- Adjust window shades and seat cushions at the request of passengers.
- Clean rooms and bathroom facilities, change linens, and replenish supplies in washrooms.
- Distribute sports and game equipment, magazines, newspapers, pillows, blankets, and other items to passengers and guests.
- Baggage Porters and Bellhops
- Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Counter and Rental Clerks
- Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop
- Flight Attendants
- Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendants
- Personal and Home Care Aides
- Tour Guides and Escorts