Help painters, paperhangers, plasterers, or stucco masons by performing duties of lesser skill. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
- Remove articles such as cabinets, metal furniture, and paint containers from stripping tanks after prescribed periods of time.
- Apply protective coverings such as masking tape to articles or areas that could be damaged or stained by work processes.
- Fill cracks or breaks in surfaces of plaster articles or areas with putty or epoxy compounds.
- Clean work areas and equipment.
- Mix plaster, and carry plaster to plasterers.
- Erect scaffolding.
- Perform support duties to assist painters, paperhangers, plasterers, or masons.
- Smooth surfaces of articles to be painted, using sanding and buffing tools and equipment.
- Supply or hold tools and materials.
- Place articles to be stripped into stripping tanks.
- Pour specified amounts of chemical solutions into stripping tanks.
- Realistic - Realistic occupations frequently involve work activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions. They often deal with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery. Many of the occupations require working outside, and do not involve a lot of paperwork or working closely with others.
- Education - Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Training - Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few days to a few months of training. Usually, an experienced worker could show you how to do the job.
- Experience - Little or no previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupations. For example, a person can become a waiter or waitress even if he/she has never worked before.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Floor Layers, Except Carpet, Wood, and Hard Tiles
- Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Painters, Construction and Maintenance