Separate blocks of rough dimension stone from quarry mass using jackhammer and wedges.
- Cut grooves along outlines, using chisels.
- Drill holes along outlines, using jackhammers.
- Drill holes into sides of stones broken from masses, insert dogs or attach slings, and direct removal of stones.
- Insert wedges and feathers into holes, and drive wedges with sledgehammers to split stone sections from masses.
- Locate grain line patterns to determine how rocks will split when cut.
- Mark dimensions or outlines on stone prior to cutting, using rules and chalk lines.
- Remove pieces of stone from larger masses, using jackhammers, wedges, and other tools.
- Cut slabs of stone into sheets that will be used for floors or counters.
- Set charges of explosives to split rock.
- Realistic - Realistic occupations frequently involve work activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions. They often deal with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery. Many of the occupations require working outside, and do not involve a lot of paperwork or working closely with others.
- Conventional - Conventional occupations frequently involve following set procedures and routines. These occupations can include working with data and details more than with ideas. Usually there is a clear line of authority to follow.
- Education - Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Training - Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few days to a few months of training. Usually, an experienced worker could show you how to do the job.
- Experience - Little or no previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupations. For example, a person can become a waiter or waitress even if he/she has never worked before.
- Cleaners of Vehicles and Equipment
- Derrick Operators, Oil and Gas
- Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
- Roof Bolters, Mining
- Tank Car, Truck, and Ship Loaders