Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures for information systems to regulate access to computer data files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure of information.
- Train users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
- Develop plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Confer with users to discuss issues such as computer data access needs, security violations, and programming changes.
- Monitor current reports of computer viruses to determine when to update virus protection systems.
- Modify computer security files to incorporate new software, correct errors, or change individual access status.
- Coordinate implementation of computer system plan with establishment personnel and outside vendors.
- Monitor use of data files and regulate access to safeguard information in computer files.
- Perform risk assessments and execute tests of data processing system to ensure functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
- Encrypt data transmissions and erect firewalls to conceal confidential information as it is being transmitted and to keep out tainted digital transfers.
- Document computer security and emergency measures policies, procedures, and tests.
- Review violations of computer security procedures and discuss procedures with violators to ensure violations are not repeated.
- Maintain permanent fleet cryptologic and carry-on direct support systems required in special land, sea surface and subsurface operations.
- Computer Support Specialists
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Desktop Publishers
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment
- Numerical Tool and Process Control Programmers