Tips to help pay the cost of college
By Beth Ziehmer
June 28, 2018
According to the U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics, the average in-state cost of attendance at a four-year public institution in the 2016-17 year was $23,705.
There is no doubt that college costs have increased, but here are five tips to help students and their families keep down the cost:
- Save as much as possible before starting college and while attending college.
- Explore career options based on your skills and interest.
- Select a school you can reasonably afford and matches the identified career interests.
- Research all possible sources to pay for college and exhaust free sources first.
- Develop and exercise good money management skills.
Visit mappingyourfuture.org for more information about exploring careers, preparing for college, paying for college, and managing your money.