Financial literacy tips provided throughout the month of April
By Beth Ziehmer
April 11, 2019
Throughout the month of April, Mapping Your Future offered the following tips highlighting some of the money management tools and applications offered on the website:
- April is financial literacy month. Take these 30 steps for financial wellness!
- Don't be caught off-guard when your student loans go into repayment. Estimate what your student loan payment will be under the standard repayment plan.
- You work hard for your money - pay yourself first. Learn how to save money and see how fast your balance can grow!
- A budget doesn't restrict you, it makes more things possible. Use the budget calculator to learn how to create a budget.
- Know what it takes to be your best financially. mappingyourfuture.org/money/fitnessquiz.cfm
- "A good financial plan is a road map that shows us exactly how the choices we make today will affect our future." Alexa Von Tobel
- Don't let your student loan debt get out of control, learn how to manage it.
- How you pay for college will vary based on your unique situation, but it is important to learn more: mappingyourfuture.org/paying/
- Learn how to balance your checkbook, even if you bank online.
- Estimate how much you can borrow with Mapping Your Future's debt/salary wizard.
Follow Mapping Your Future on Twitter and like Mapping Your Future on Facebook for more daily tips on various topics related to planning and paying for college, as well as other professional development topics.