Training for new financial aid professionals at FSA conference
September 26, 2019
If you are new to financial aid - welcome!
If you have recently joined this profession, you probably feel like you have a lot to learn. You're in luck because the Department of Education is offering training for new financial aid administrators. The Dec. 2 day-long training session will precede the FSA Training Conference, which runs Dec. 3 through Dec. 6 at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center in Reno, Nevada.
According to a Sept. 26 Electronic Announcement, the training will cover the following topics:
- Operating in FAA Access to Central Processing System (CPS) Online - The Basics and Scenarios
- Student Eligibility
- Need Analysis and Packaging (Operational Basics of Title IV)
- Operating in COD Web - The Basics and Scenarios
- Operating in the NSLDS® website - The Basics and Scenarios
- Conclusion, Resources, Questions and Answers
The day will conclude with suggested tracks that will outline recommended sessions throughout the FSA Training Conference.
To participate, new FAAs should complete a registration form.
Space is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. Additionally, as an introductory-level training session, we ask that schools limit registration to staff who are new to the financial aid office.
For questions about the New FAA Pre-Conference Training, contact Michael Ruggless at firstname.lastname@example.org.