November tasks for high school seniors
By Beth Ziehmer
November 01, 2019
During your senior year, you will finalize your college choice. This year is filled with admission applications, scholarship essays, financial aid information, and the need to meet deadlines. Throughout your senior year, continue to build your resume by achieving academic success, as well as participating in extracurricular activities. Colleges are interested in well-rounded students.
The college preparation that takes place during your senior year is filled with a lot of details and paperwork. It is very important that you involve your parents with this process.
Below are the tasks you should complete during the month of November:
- Complete admissions applications by their deadlines.
- If you have not already done so, attend college planning and/or financial aid information nights and college fairs.
- If necessary, register to retake the SAT and/or ACT.
- Complete the FAFSA if you haven't already.
- If it has been a few weeks since you completed your FAFSA and you have not received your Student Aid Report (SAR), call 1-800-4-FED-AID. If you have received your SAR, review it for errors and make any corrections.
- Request financial aid forms and applications. Double check the deadlines for submission.
- Complete applications for every scholarship for which you may be eligible.
- Follow up to ensure your employers, teachers, and guidance counselors send letters of recommendation.
- Stay focused on maintaining and increasing your GPA.