2022-23 FAFSA form now available
October 01, 2021
A great way to kick off the weekend is to apply for financial aid.
Students who plan to attend postsecondary education in the 2022-23 academic year can now complete the FAFSA at StudentAid.gov.
A few tips for students and parents:
- Be sure to select the correct FAFSA for the year you plan to attend postsecondary education. Most high school seniors will select the 2022-23 FAFSA.
- The student and at least one parent will need an FSA ID. Go to StudentAid.gov and click “Create Account” to create your FSA ID username and password.
- One way to prepare for completing the FAFSA is to use the FAFSA on the Web worksheet. It will list the documents you need and some of the questions. Don’t submit the worksheet. It is only to be used to prepare for the FAFSA application.
- You will need 2020 income tax and other income information for the 2022-23 FAFSA.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to make completing the FAFSA easier. You should have your 2020 tax return with you to make sure you enter your name and address exactly as it appears on your tax return.
- Save your confirmation number and/or print the confirmation page after you have submitted the FAFSA.
The Department of Education has made many enhancements to the FAFSA, so applying for financial aid is much easier for both students and parents.