June tasks for high school seniors
By Beth Ziehmer
June 01, 2021
Although you faced a lot of challenges during your senior year in high school, you accomplished a lot.
This year was filled with admission applications, scholarship essays, financial aid information, and lots of deadlines. Now it's time to prepare for your education beyond high school.
Below are the tasks you should complete during the month of June:
- Plan for college transportation.
- Notify your high school guidance office of your college selection and any scholarships received.
- Follow up with the financial aid office to ensure all paperwork is complete.
- Attend or register to attend college orientation.
- Make sure thank you notes for graduation gifts are written.
- Review the college packing list and start collecting items needed for the fall.
- Work with your parents or guardians on things that you need to know how to do, or how to do better, while at college, like doing laundry, taking care of your car, balancing your bank account.
Graduation from high school was no doubt a unique challenge for this year's seniors. Make sure all that work pays off by continuing your pursuit of education beyond high school.