January tasks for high school seniors
By Beth Ziehmer
December 31, 2022
During your senior year, you will finalize your college choice. This year is filled with admission applications, scholarship essays, financial aid information, and the need to meet deadlines. Throughout your senior year, continue to build your resume by achieving academic success, as well as participating in extracurricular activities. Colleges are interested in well-rounded students.
Below are the tasks you should complete during the month of January:
- Complete your FAFSA online, if you haven't already, making sure to complete it before the college's or university's priority deadline.
- Keep copies of all documents, including your FSA ID, in a file.
- Keep a watch out for scholarship applications and make notes of the deadlines. Getting an early start completing them. The college may have an earlier scholarship deadline than other local scholarships.
- Register for the January 24 or 26 Strategies for making the most of scholarship applications webinar.
- Do not let senioritis get a grip on you this semester; finish strong in your last semester of high school.