Beta Test Volunteers Needed for EDExpress 2024-25, Release 1.0
September 14, 2023
If you enjoy being on the leading edge of product development, the Department of Education is recruiting schools and servicers to participate in the beta test of EDExpress.
In a September 11 Electronic Announcement, the Department said testers are needed for EDExpress for Windows 2024–2025, Release 1.0. Beta testing is scheduled to run from October 23 through November 3.
In an earlier Electronic Announcement, the Department said it will release a newly modernized user interface (UI) for the EDExpress software for the 2024-25 cycle, beginning with Release 1.0. According to the Department, they will unveil a new look and feel for the software as well as functionality enhancements designed to improve the user experience. In addition, updates are being made to support changes required by the FAFSA Simplification Act and Future Act.
Those interested in being considered as a beta test participant for Release 1.0 should send an email to EDEBetaTest@cpssaig.ed.gov with the subject line “Attention: EDExpress 2024–2025 Release 1.0 Beta Testing” and provide the following information:
- Primary and secondary testing contact names, telephone numbers, and email addresses.
- School or servicer name, TG number, and approximate student population at your school.
- Are you a current EDExpress user? If so, how many years have you used EDExpress and do you currently use it to process Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) data and/or package students?
- Do you use EDExpress in combination with a mainframe system or 3rd party software to process student aid data?
- Windows operating system version(s) for PC workstations accessing EDExpress and environment (network/standalone).
The Department will contact all Release 1.0 beta test volunteers by October 16. If a school or servicer is selected for participation, further information will be provided by email at that time.