Upcoming Transition of FSAdownload Content and Financial Partners Portal to IFAP Website
August 15, 2019
It may be a change - but one that is for the better.
In an August 9 Electronic Announcement, the Department of Education announced that it will transition the FSAdownload Content and Financial Partners Portal to the Information for Financial Aid Professionals website on August 18, 2019.
The Department announced the following outages and impacts on websites:
- All IFAP website and Financial Partners Portal URLs will be changing after implementation except for the IFAP home page URL. Users will have to evaluate their bookmarks, websites, and documentation for any IFAP website and Financial Partners Portal URLs that will need to be updated.
- Users that have bookmarked any FSAdownload website pages or reference the FSAdownload website in any materials will need to remove those bookmarks and references and replace them with the appropriate IFAP website URLs and references after implementation.
- There will not be an outage period outside of the IFAP website's regular Sunday maintenance window from 5-11 a.m. Eastern time.
- Until the transition is implemented, the financial aid community will continue to access the FSAdownload website for necessary documents and software. After implementation, all materials transitioned from the FSAdownload website to the IFAP website will be consolidated and easily accessible on a new Software and Other Tools page.
- The FSAdownload website home page and the Financial Partners Portal home page will have redirect messages in place temporarily after the transition is implemented.
The Department will post a final announcement to the IFAP website to confirm the transition implementation and provide additional information about accessing the moved content.