New calculators help student loan borrowers manage repayment
By Beth Ziehmer
November 07, 2019
Anyone considering refinancing their student loans should determine how a refinance will impact their repayment.
This fall Mapping Your Future released two new calculators to help student loan borrowers determine if refinancing their students loans is good for them.
- The Refinance calculator allows users to compare monthly payments and total interest paid for their current loan(s) to those amounts with a refinancing offer.
- The Weighted average interest rate calculator is offered in conjunction with the Refinance calculator to allow users to first calculate the average interest rate of their loans.
Mapping Your Future’s other calculators also can be important tools in a school’s default prevention plan or in-person loan counseling. The calculators include:
- Budget calculator
- Bank balancing tool
- Savings calculator
- Student loan debt/salary wizard
- Student loan repayment calculator
- Loan consolidation calculator
- Income-based repayment calculator
Schools are encouraged to link to the calculators from the school’s website. Schools who are Participating Members or located in a Sponsored state can take the calculators to another level by integrating the calculators into their website, if desired.
Contact the Mapping Your Future staff at email@example.com or (800) 374-4072 with any questions or to request documentation on integrating the calculators.