Mapping Your Future: Online Counseling
Perkins Entrance Counseling
University of Mississippi
The information above is wholly the product of the school or organization represented herein.
Mapping Your Future, and its individual sponsoring members, do not guarantee
or warrant the correctness, completeness, accuracy, or any other characteristic
of this content and shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or cause of
action arising out of the content.
Perkins Entrance Counseling Session Instructions
Before You Start
- Ensure you meet the browser and system requirements:
- You must use a recent version of a commonly used browser, such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- If you encounter that the question numbers are not displaying correctly when you answer a question incorrectly, ensure that Java is enabled on your browser and try another browser, if the issue persists.
- PARENTS: Please don't complete the counseling session on behalf of your son or daughter, as this federal requirement helps the student understand the rights and responsibilities of borrowing a student loan.
- You will need about 25 minutes to complete this counseling session.
- You will need the following information:
- Your Social Security number
- Your driver's license number
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your parent, if applicable
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your spouse, if applicable
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and employers for two references residing at different addresses
- You might need the name, address, telephone number, and employer for your next of kin.
- NOTE: Providing names and information for your spouse, parent, next of kin, and references does not obligate them to assist with repayment of your loan. Regulations require you provide this data so your loan holder can locate you, if, in the future, they have an invalid address or phone number.
The student loan calculator in this session will help you calculate your estimated monthly payment. If you aren't sure how much you'll borrow, you can ask your school for the average student loan indebtedness of borrowers at the school or in your program of study at the school.
What to Do
- Read the content and answer the questions.
- Fill out the student information form. Use the comment box for any comments or questions you have for your school.
- Print the confirmation page that appears after you fill out the student information form or note your confirmation number for your records.
NOTE: Generally, the Back and Forward buttons on your browser will not work once you begin the counseling session. Use the buttons within the counseling to navigate.
© 2021 Mapping Your Future, Inc.