Research market conditions in local, regional, or national areas to determine potential sales of a product or service. May gather information on competitors, prices, sales, and methods of marketing and distribution. May use survey results to create a marketing campaign based on regional preferences and buying habits.
- Collect and analyze data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
- Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Measure and assess customer and employee satisfaction.
- Forecast and track marketing and sales trends, analyzing collected data.
- Seek and provide information to help companies determine their position in the marketplace.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies.
- Conduct research on consumer opinions and marketing strategies, collaborating with marketing professionals, statisticians, pollsters, and other professionals.
- Attend staff conferences to provide management with information and proposals concerning the promotion, distribution, design, and pricing of company products or services.
- Gather data on competitors and analyze their prices, sales, and method of marketing and distribution.
- Monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature.
- Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires, or arrange to obtain existing data.
- Develop and implement procedures for identifying advertising needs.
- Direct trained survey interviewers.
- Insurance Sales Agents
- Public Relations Specialists
- Purchasing Agents and Buyers, Farm Products
- Real Estate Sales Agents
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products