Plan, organize, and conduct long distance cruises, tours, and expeditions for individuals and groups.
- Lead individuals or groups to tour site locations and describe points of interest.
- Resolve any problems with itineraries, service, or accommodations.
- Instruct novices in climbing techniques, mountaineering, and wilderness survival, and demonstrate use of hunting, fishing, and climbing equipment.
- Sell or rent equipment, clothing, and supplies related to expeditions.
- Plan tour itineraries, applying knowledge of travel routes and destination sites.
- Verify amounts and quality of equipment prior to expeditions or tours.
- Administer first aid to injured group participants.
- Evaluate services received on the tour, and report findings to tour organizers.
- Explain hunting and fishing laws to groups in order to ensure compliance.
- Pay bills and record checks issued.
- Pilot airplanes or drive land and water vehicles to transport tourists to activity/tour sites.
- Provide tourists with assistance in obtaining permits and documents such as visas, passports, and health certificates, and in converting currency.
- Sell travel packages.
- Set up camps, and prepare meals for tour group members.
- Arrange for tour or expedition details such as accommodations, transportation, equipment, and the availability of medical personnel.
- Attend to special needs of tour participants.
- Give advice on sightseeing and shopping.
- Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians
- Bus Drivers, School
- Bus Drivers, Transit and Intercity
- Railroad Conductors and Yardmasters
- Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agents and Travel Clerks
- Subway and Streetcar Operators
- Taxi Drivers and Chauffeurs
- Tour Guides and Escorts
- Travel Agents
- Truck Drivers, Light or Delivery Services