Seek out, interview, and screen applicants to fill existing and future job openings and promote career opportunities within an organization.
- Prepare and maintain employment records.
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring and business needs.
- Interview applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, and job skills.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Perform searches for qualified candidates according to relevant job criteria, using computer databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources, cold calls, media, recruiting firms, and employee referrals.
- Contact applicants to inform them of employment possibilities, consideration, and selection.
- Inform potential applicants about facilities, operations, benefits, and job or career opportunities in organizations.
- Screen and refer applicants to hiring personnel in the organization, making hiring recommendations when appropriate.
- Arrange for interviews and provide travel arrangements as necessary.
- Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures.
- Review and evaluate applicant qualifications or eligibility for specified licensing, according to established guidelines and designated licensing codes.
- Hire applicants and authorize paperwork assigning them to positions.
- Conduct reference and background checks on applicants.
- Evaluate recruitment and selection criteria to ensure conformance to professional, statistical, and testing standards, recommending revision as needed.
- Recruit applicants for open positions, arranging job fairs with college campus representatives.
- Advise management on organizing, preparing, and implementing recruiting and retention programs.
- Supervise personnel clerks performing filing, typing and recordkeeping duties.
- Project yearly recruitment expenditures for budgetary consideration and control.
- Serve on selection and examination boards to evaluate applicants according to test scores, contacting promising candidates for interviews.
- Address civic and social groups and attend conferences to disseminate information concerning possible job openings and career opportunities.
- Appraisers, Real Estate
- Employment Interviewers
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Housekeeping and Janitorial Workers
- Management Analysts
- Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers
- Talent Directors