Provide technical assistance to computer system users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
- Read trade magazines and technical manuals, or attend conferences and seminars to maintain knowledge of hardware and software.
- Supervise and coordinate workers engaged in problem-solving, monitoring, and installing data communication equipment and software.
- Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users.
- Modify and customize commercial programs for internal needs.
- Conduct office automation feasibility studies, including workflow analysis, space design, or cost comparison analysis.
- Broadcast Technicians
- Computer Operators
- Computer Programmers
- Computer Security Specialists
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment
- Network Systems and Data Communications Analysts
- Numerical Tool and Process Control Programmers