Mapping Your Future employs only eight full-time staff, with one part-time staff member. The staff is able to manage operations because of the contributions of volunteers from the Sponsors and Friends, as well as suggestions from our customers.
To develop new features and services, Mapping Your Future relies on functional and project teams.
- More than 100 volunteers serve on various teams, including content, default prevention, early awareness, technology and data exchange, and Online Counseling.
- Mapping Your Future team members create new features, write and edit content, develop promotional and marketing materials, review new ideas, and plan for the future.
- In other words, most of what happens on Mapping Your Future wouldn't be possible without the work of team members.
- Because team members represent various organizations across the country, Mapping Your Future's features and services are non-proprietary, providing a neutral source of information for parents and students.
Mapping Your Future has a national Board of Directors and Steering Committee. Both the Board and Steering Committee oversee the operations of Mapping Your Future.
The Board of Directors consists of five members that serve two-year terms, some expiring on odd years and others on even years. Only CEOs, or their properly appointed designee, of the sponsoring organizations are eligible to serve on the Board.
The Board of Directors:
- provides strategic direction for the site ,
- recommends an annual budget to the CEOs of the sponsoring agencies,
- selects the members of the Steering Committee, and
- approves major policies and projects recommended by the Steering Committee.
- William Hurry, chair
Rhode Island Higher Education Assistance Authority
- Melanie Amrhein
Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance
- Steven Brooks
North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority
- Tim Connell
Georgia Student Finance Commission
- Bruce Marks
Montana Guarantee Student Loan Program
The Steering Committee can consist of up to 12 members, all from Sponsor organizations. Members serve 3-year terms, some with terms expiring on odd years, with others expiring on even years. CEOs from the Sponsor organizations vote to replace Steering Committee members with expiring terms during an annual business meeting.
The Steering Committee assists the board and the executive director with Mapping Your Future's strategic planning and oversees various functional and project committees.