Instruct borrowers to complete counseling
You can meet federal loan counseling requirements and help borrowers understand education loan obligations with the convenience of Mapping Your Future's Online Counseling. Online Counseling enhances the loan management education of the borrower by actively involving them in the counseling - making it an important default prevention tool. It also gives you the opportunity to spend more time with those borrowers needing assistance in the loan process.
You will need to instruct the borrower to complete the counseling requirement. Here are the basic instructions:
- Visit MappingYourFuture.org (no "www").
- Click on the "Online Counseling" link on the right side of the page.
- Click on the __________ link. (Fill in the appropriate loan counseling type. For example, for Direct Loan entrance counseling, the instruction would be "Click on the 'Direct Loan entrance' link".)
- Complete the steps to select your school, read the content and answer questions, and complete the student form.
- Print the confirmation page (it has your rights and responsibilities) or note the confirmation number for your records.
Mapping Your Future provides a PDF of a flyer for each counseling session that schools can download and distribute to their student loan borrowers. Schools can log into their Access Area to download the flyers.
- Direct Loan entrance
- Spanish Direct Loan entrance
- Perkins entrance
- Direct Loan and Perkins combined entrance
- Nursing entrance
- Health Professions entrance
- Direct PLUS entrance
- Direct Loan and Direct PLUS combined entrance
- Direct Loan exit
- Spanish Direct exit *
- Perkins exit
- Direct Loan and Perkins combined exit
- Nursing exit
- Health Professions exit
- Direct PLUS exit
- Direct and Direct PLUS combined exit
- TEACH Grant exit
- Financial Literacy
- Grace Period and Repayment
- Loan Management
- Non-Traditional Student
- Private Loan