December tasks for high school seniors
By Beth Ziehmer
December 01, 2018
During your senior year, you will finalize your college choice. Use your spare time in the month of December and your Christmas break to complete tasks related to applying for college.
Below are the tasks you should complete during the month of December:
- Finalize admission applications.
- Research and apply for other financial aid, including grants and scholarships.
- Watch for early admissions notices.
- Research deadlines at the college you plan to attend, such as for housing applications, school-specific financial aid applications and deadlines.
- Develop a college application resume to highlight your activities, achievements, etc.
- Organize scholarships, certificates, articles, etc. to illustrate your achievements and create a portfolio to display them.
Review the complete Senior year college planning calendar at mappingyourfuture.org/collegeprep/seniorcalendar.cfm.