The Student Aid Report, or SAR, lists the following:
- The information you gave on the FAFSA
- A dollar amount for your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), which colleges use to determine your financial aid eligibility.
When it arrives
You should receive your SAR within four weeks after you file your FAFSA. If you do not, check the status of your application by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center at (319) 337-5665.
What to do
- Review your SAR carefully.
- Provide additional information if asked.
- Follow the directions and correct any errors you find.
- Keep a copy for your records.
- Contact the financial aid office at each school to which you have applied to ensure they have what they need to process your financial aid package.